Saturday, December 20, 2008

The zinger and me

I finally gave into the temptation, the advertisements were too much for me to handle. I just had to try it at any cost. After 2 weeks of trying to convince different sets of friends, success finally came my way when my college friends agreed. Fate would finally find it in its heart to let my taste buds meet the much awaited zinger burger. The date - 21st December 2008, the place - KFC bandra. Getting there was not easy, despite it being December and winter being the expected season, it was drizzling. Being me, i decided to go by bike and eventually learnt it was a bad idea, the roads were so slippery that it was like riding on ice. But there was no way i was going to let that stop me from getting to the delicious fried chicken, i had waited long enough. After 1 1/2 hour of riding through traffic jams and roads which were so slippery that they could give banana peels an inferiority complex, I finally reached my destination. Without much hesitation we stood in line to place our order. I tried convincing the guys to order a bucket of chicken along with the burgers but they all said they weren't hungry. What kind of guys aren't hungry for a bucket of fried chicken anyway? After failing to convince them I ordered for the zinger meal which consists of a zinger burger, a piece of fried chicken and a glass of coke.

True to their tag line, the chicken was finger lickin' good. It was mouth watering, juicy, delicious and totally worth the 135 bucks by which it made my wallet lighter. I left the place a happy man, and a little heavier than i was when i got in. Having chicken without a chilled beer to drown it in is a sin, so we hopped across the street to Mumbai times cafe and ordered for a pitcher of beer to accompany the fried chicken that must have been getting lonely in our stomachs by now. The ambience of the place is really nice. It was a treat to the taste buds and the retro-reggae-rock genre of music that they kept switching between was a treat to the ears, albeit a little too loud to hold a conversation. Despite having the word cafe in its name, we were not allowed to sit for long as there were people waiting so we headed out to spend the next few hours at carter road discussing the weekend getaway plans. A couple of hours later we were done with our usual "intellectual" discussions and we decided to go on a bike trip the next weekend. But keeping in mind our groups fondness of canceling plans, the chances of it materializing are slimmer than an anorexic supermodel. That being done, I rode on home, this time on dry roads and reached home at 12:30am.

1 comment:

  1. Saale you did this without me but its ok as I was also a bit busy..Hey it looks nice..I am feeling a penchant to have them inside my mouth and let them melt slowly..wowww

    and u know wat I did last night..Revived my old hindi blog..
    I know its pretty hard for u but have a look if u dont have anything to look into. :)
    Its http://pupadhyay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete