Wednesday, August 19, 2009

my mid-week holiday

We had a holiday today, in the middle of the week, on a Wednesday. I was initially happy about this mid week holiday thinking it would be a welcomed break from the usual boring routine in the office, but later I realized that it's just not the same as a weekend holiday. For starters, none of my friends had a holiday so i was left with no plans at all. Thus begin the task of killing enough time to waste the day. This blog post is one of those attempts.

I woke up at 9am, a bit too early according my standards. Apparently I was not the only one who had woken up early, my constant companion 'boredom' had woken up early too and it had already started to creep in, so i decided to complete all my pending chores with hopes that time would fly. I serviced my bike, washed it, polished it and came back home and looked at my watch - 2pm. Still having a long day ahead of me, i decided to watch the movie 'forgetting sarah marshal' on a friends recommendation, The movie was good, certainly good for an afternoon watch. The movie was soon done and it was still 5pm. In an effort to rub salt on my wounds, fate would have it that my mom had guests coming over for a prayer meeting which was to go on till 7pm. Now i had to get out of the house for 2 hours, or face the risk of greeting guests. I quickly got ready, grabbed my bike keys and ran out at sharp 5pm. With nothing to do, i decided to go to the nearby mall and look for a pair of good earphones for my cell. I found it at the first shop itself, looked at my watch and it was only 5.30. seemed like time was against me. After pondering a while on how to spend the next 90 minutes, I happened to glance at my fuel gauge and found it was on empty. So there was the next item on the agenda, go to the ATM, get cash, fill fuel. All this took an hours time and i was still left with half n hour so i decided to go on a short ride around the western suburbs. I was starting to think that it would have been a better day if i were at the office instead. Luckily the end of the day wasn't as bad as the start. I happened to chance on the sun setting in an orange sky, the first sunset that i've seen during the monsoon season. I stopped to take a few pics with the only camera that i had at that moment, my mobile camera, and i left the place thinking, "well, atleast the day wasn't a total waste". Here is the pic that added value to my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment