Sunday, September 14, 2008

Feel-Good Friday

Thanks to my net, this post is a few days late

Fridays have always been good. It is a day when you will notice a smile on everyone’s face in the office. There are many reasons for that, the weekend is few hours away, everyone is in casuals and so is the atmosphere, with people roaming around everywhere having fun. We had a team party too, with lots of cake. Its been a good day for me, mostly because i got rid of half of my workload today . By completing it off course, not by dumping it onto others (I don't have that high a designation yet :) ) . I also made a donation towards the Bihar flood relief fund today. That adds a lot towards the Feel-Good factor of the day. But apparently the day wasn’t so good to this friend of mine who had loads of work, so while leaving she suggested we take the longer route home and stop somewhere for ice-cream. We were off to find a ice cream parlor at 11:30 in the night. Wiped the rain drops off my bike seat, started the engine, hit the road and a little further ahead, there’s an ice cream parlor and a coffee shop right next to each other. We could have gone to the naturals ice-cream parlor. But no, we decide to have coffee at this place called 'Beans and Beyond'. Nice place, good coffee. After finishing my cafe latte with hazel nut flavor, we headed home at around midnight. I always liked coffee but there’s just one minor problem with midnight coffee. Yes you guessed right, you'd be sitting up in the wee hours of the night writing blogs instead of lying in bed where you rightfully should be. To make matters worse, my nets down again so i am writing this post in notepad while listening to pink floyd. With no net, there goes the number 1 way to kill time. If you’re lucky (make that - if I am lucky) you will get to read this first thing in the morning. I think I’ll watch some south park episodes while I wait for the caffeine levels to drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment