Monday, September 15, 2008

Things that annoy me - part II



I am back with a fresh new list of things that annoy me. Im sure the first one in my list will be one with which everyone  
will agree are the most annoying. 

They are..... 

(brace yourself)....

1)  The TELEMARKETERS

I don’t know how i missed them in the first post. The reason i remembered them now is because I was woken up pretty early today morning with the voice at the other end of the phone saying "Good morning sir i am calling from ICICI Prudentials". It’s ironic how they have the nerve to wake you up and still call it a GOOD morning. Needless to say, my response was a prompt "not interested" to which the voice at the other end reacted with in a disappointed low tone saying "But sir the other day you showed interest". Well, the other day when they called me, I was busy working and they just wouldn't hang up so i said i was busy and asked them to call back later. These guys actually try each and every extension of our office in a sequential order. I usually make the other guy in my cubicle answer these calls, but the last time he was not there so I had to answer it. I just hope they hate their jobs as much as i hate them.

2) People who use Internet slang while chatting

For simplicity sake, I will be rating these words on a scale of cool - cooler - coolest. It is important to keep the sarcasm factor in mind when using this scale. Lets start off with the first word
DA - This famous 2 letter word is supposed to be the cooler version of "the". If not cooler it is definitly the easier to spell amongst the two. Threes just one situation where it is ok to use the word DA. That is - If you are south Indian (or whichever part of india it is where they use the word da). At best, this word saves you from typing that one extra keystroke.

KEWL - This is supposed to be the coolest way to say cool. However, lets look at it from a more practical point of view. Cool and Kewl both have 4 letters, no advantage there. Cool on the other hand has the letter 'o' repeated twice, which means you don’t have to move your fingers all across the keyboard to type it, kewl isn't it?. It is even easier to spell than kewl. But still people who want to be cool use kewl. The only comprehensible reason one would use it is to make up for the one keystroke they missed while typing "DA". But then again, if that’s the reason, why use these words in the first place?

3) Waiting in line for a haircut.

Yesterday i tried going for a haircut, but the line was too big. which reminded me of the last time i went for a hair cut. It was around 4:30 pm on a Saturday. I thought the saloon would be empty since most people would be sleeping at home instead. But i was wrong, there were 3 old guys, and one college going guy, So i waited. The old guy was the first to finish (may be because of lack of hair in the first place) and it was my turn to go next, Or so i thought. But then the old guy had to get his hair colored too which would take another half n hour. After noticing the grey hair on the other 2 old guys my attention went towards the young guy who i thought would finish first. And finish first he did. But wait, he’s not getting off the chair.. Something must be wrong. Then he asks for some weird stinky hair oil. I figured hair oil wont take that long so i waited 10 minutes and he was done with the hair oil. I was about to get in again but the guy still didn’t get up. What more could he want from the saloon? I asked myself. and there came the answer. Now it was time for some facial... Damn those metrosexuals. Having seen enough i walked out to come back next week. At this rate, it wont be long until men start getting manicures and pedicures too.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post DA (Dumb Ass) hehe...keep the rants comin lol heheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. If theres one thing im good at its ranting

    ReplyDelete