Thursday, September 11, 2008

Into the wild

NIts been a typical work week with nothing much to write about. But for the last few days I just can't get the songs from the movie "into the wild" out of my head. These songs, written by eddie vedder the vocalist of pearl jam are the type of songs that grow on you everytime you listen to them. The movie is equally good. It's a true story about this student who gives away all his posessions including a 24,000$ savings account to charity and takes off backpacking accross North America to Alaska to live in a secluded place in the wild, meeting different people along the way. Eddie Vedder has done an amazing job in capturing the movie in every song. The lyrics of the songs are much better than the movie in giving you an idea of what was going on in his mind at that time. I'd suggest you watch the movie, and hear the album. It makes for some good late night music, Especially when working late in the office. Makes you wanna take off into the wild.

A few of my favourites are

-Guaranteed

Everyone I come across, in cages they bought
They think of me and my wandering, but I'm never what they thought
I've got my indignation, but I'm pure in all my thoughts
I'm alive...

Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere
Underneath my being is a road that disappeared
Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead
Overhead...

Leave it to me as I find a way to be
Consider me a satellite, forever orbiting
I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me
Guaranteed

- No Ceiling

Comes the morning
When I can feel
That there's nothing left to be concealed
Moving on a scene surreal
No, my heart will never
Will never be far from here

Sure as I am breathing
Sure as I'm sad
I'll keep this wisdom in my flesh
I leave here believing more than I had
And there's a reason I'll be
A reason I'll be back

As I walk
The Hemisphere
*I've got* my wish
To up and disappear

- Society

Society, you're a crazy breed.
I hope you're not lonely, without me.

When you want more than you have, you think you need...
and when you think more then you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
I think I need to find a bigger place...
cause when you have more than you think, you need more space.

Society, you're a crazy breed.
I hope you're not lonely, without me.
Society, crazy indeed...
I hope you're not lonely, without me.


Look up the lyrics of the others as well

No comments:

Post a Comment